- The act or process of making something worse.
- The state or quality of being worse.
- Something that makes something worse.
- Annoyance or irritation.
Middle english, from latin aggravation-, aggravatio, from aggravare to make heavier, from ad- + gravare to make heavy.
- He was already angry, and the delay was an aggravation to him.
- The added traffic was an aggravation to the already congested road.
- The long wait was an aggravation to the already frustrated customers.
- The bad weather was an aggravation to the already difficult situation.
- The noise from the construction was an aggravation to the peaceful neighborhood.