- A person who tries to stir up public opinion or make people excited or angry.
- A person who tries to incite or organize resistance or rebellion against a government or authority.
- A machine or device that agitates, as in washing machine.
Late middle english, from latin agitator, from agitare to drive, set in motion.
- He was labeled as an agitator for his role in organizing the strike.
- She was considered an agitator for her vocal opposition to the government's policies.
- The agitator in the washing machine helps to move the clothes around.
- The agitator in the paint mixer helps to blend the paint.
- The agitator in the cement mixer helps to mix the cement.