- Intense physical or mental suffering.
- A state of great struggle or effort to achieve a goal.
Late middle english: via old french from latin agonia, from greek agōnia, from agōn "contest".
- The patient was in agony from the pain.
- She watched her son in agony as he struggled with addiction.
- He was in agony as he tried to finish the marathon.
- The team was in agony as they lost the final game.
- The agony of the final decision was unbearable.
Some random words: broomstick, hotrod, pompous