A person who has a fear or aversion to open or public places.
From the greek word "agora" meaning marketplace or public place, and "phobia" meaning fear or aversion to.
- He was an agoraphobic and avoided going out in public.
- She was an agoraphobic and had a fear of open spaces.
- The agoraphobic person felt safe only in the familiar surroundings of home.
- Agoraphobia can lead to severe social isolation for the agoraphobic person.
- The agoraphobic person sought treatment to help overcome their fear.