Relating to land, especially farming or agriculture.
Late 16th century: from latin agrarius, from ager, agr- 'field' + -arian.
- The country is mostly composed of agrarian communities.
- The agrarian revolution transformed the economy and the way of life for many people.
- The government is promoting agrarian reforms to improve the livelihood of farmers.
- Agrarian policies are aimed at increasing food production and reducing poverty.
- Agrarian societies have always been based on the cultivation of crops and the raising of livestock.