The science of managing and using land for crops and other plants, including soil management, crop production, and plant breeding.
From the greek words "agros" meaning field or land, and "nomos" meaning law or management.
- He studied agronomy in college to become a farmer.
- Agronomy is the study of the science of crop production and management.
- The agronomy department at the university conducts research on soil fertility and crop production.
- Agronomy is the study of how to manage land for crop production and other plant growth.
- Agronomy is an important field that helps farmers improve crop yields and manage their land.