- Stuck or beached on a shore or shoal and unable to float.
- Having run aground, having gone ashore.
Middle english: from a- (expressing privation) + ground.
- The ship ran aground during the storm and was stuck on the rocks.
- The boat was aground and the passengers had to wait for the tide to come in.
- The yacht was aground and the crew had to work to get it off.
- The vessel was aground and the captain was concerned about the damage.
- The ship was aground and the rescue team had to evacuate the crew.
Some random words: harass, comely, toxicology