A machine that is capable of atmospheric flight, such as an airplane, helicopter, or glider.
Derived from the words "air" and "craft", the word "aircraft" was first used in the late 19th century to describe vehicles designed for flight.
- The aircraft was scheduled to fly from New York to London.
- The aircraft industry is one of the largest and most important industries in the world.
- She is a skilled pilot and has flown several different types of aircraft.
- The aircraft was equipped with the latest navigation and communication technology.
- The aircraft was designed to carry a large number of passengers and cargo over long distances.