- A delivery of supplies, equipment, or personnel by parachute from an aircraft.
- The act of dropping supplies or equipment from an aircraft, especially by parachute.
Derived from the words 'air' and 'drop'.
- The military executed a successful airdrop of supplies to the troops on the front lines.
- The airdrop was carried out at night to minimize the risk of detection by the enemy.
- The disaster relief organization carried out an airdrop of food and medical supplies to the affected area.
- The airdrop was necessary because the roads to the town were blocked by landslides.
- The airdrop was performed by a team of specialized personnel trained in airborne operations.