A mail delivery service in which letters, packages, or other items are transported by aircraft.
From the word "air" meaning "relating to air" and "mail" meaning "letters, packages or other items sent through the post office or other delivery service".
- He sent the letter by airmail to ensure it would arrive quickly.
- The package was sent by airmail and it arrived in just a few days.
- Airmail was faster but more expensive than regular mail.
- In the past, airmail was the only way to send letters overseas quickly.
- Airmail service was suspended during the war due to security reasons.