The amount of time a song or piece of music is played on a radio station or other media outlets.
From the word "air" meaning "relating to radio" and "play" meaning "the act of broadcasting a song or piece of music".
- The song received a lot of airplay and quickly became a hit.
- The band's new single was getting heavy airplay on the radio.
- The album's popularity was helped by its strong airplay on college radio stations.
- The song's airplay on the radio helped the album to reach the top of the charts.
- The song's airplay was limited to a few select radio stations, making it difficult for the band to achieve mainstream success.