- The portion of the atmosphere above a particular area, especially above a country and subject to its jurisdiction.
- The area above a certain altitude in which aircraft are permitted to fly.
Early 20th century: from air + space.
- The airspace above a country is regulated by its aviation authority.
- The airspace was closed due to the danger posed by a volcanic ash cloud.
- The airspace over a city is busy with commercial and private aircraft.
- The airspace is divided into different classes based on the altitude and type of aircraft using it.
- The airspace near an airport is carefully monitored to ensure the safety of aircraft.
Some random words: chronicler, beau, rename