- A strip of ground or water along which aircraft take off and land.
- A strip of ground or water prepared for use as a landing and takeoff area for aircraft, typically with one or more runways and taxiways.
- A small airport or landing field, especially one in a remote or inaccessible area.
Early 20th century: from air + strip.
- The plane landed on an airstrip in the jungle.
- The small, remote village had only a short, dirt airstrip.
- The company built an airstrip to transport goods to the island.
- Airstrip is an important part of airport infrastructure.
- The fighter jets were based at the small, secret airstrip.