- The time during which a program or advertisement is broadcast on radio or television.
- The amount of time that a person or organization pays for or is allotted for broadcasting on radio or television.
From the word "air" meaning broadcasting over the airwaves and "time" meaning a period of duration, referring to the time that a program or advertisement is broadcasted over the airwaves.
- The political campaign purchased a significant amount of airtime on the local television station.
- The morning show had the most airtime on the radio station during the drive time hours.
- The advertisement was scheduled to run during prime-time airtime.
- The radio DJ gave away a prize to a caller who could name the most songs played during his airtime.
- The network gave the show's creators more airtime to develop the characters and plot.