The electromagnetic waves that are used for radio or television broadcasting.
The word 'airwaves' is a compound word formed from 'air' + 'wave', which dates back to the early 20th century. it is used to describe the radio or television transmission medium.
- She tuned the radio to a popular station and the song filled the airwaves.
- The newscast was transmitted over the airwaves and heard by millions of listeners.
- The airwaves are filled with a variety of music, news, and talk shows.
- A lot of people still listen to the radio for entertainment, but these days most of it is streamed over the internet instead of over the airwaves.
- The airwaves were disrupted by the solar storm, causing interference in many radio and television broadcasts.
Some random words: conceit, homeostatic, anemia