- A device that makes a loud noise or flashing light as a warning or signal.
- A feeling of fear or concern about a possible danger or problem.
- A call to arms.
Late middle english: from old french alarme, from italian allarme, from all"arme! "to arms!". the noun sense "warning device" (late 18th century) arose from the verb sense "sound an alarm" (early 17th century).
- He set the alarm for 6:00 am.
- The alarm went off and woke me up.
- The alarm on my phone woke me up.
- The alarm was raised when the fire started.
- He sounded the alarm of an impending invasion.
Some random words: uneducated, dander, saucer