- A person in ancient times who studied alchemy and tried to turn base metals into gold.
- A person who studies or practices alchemy, especially one who tries to transform substances in order to discover their hidden properties.
- A person who is skilled in making changes or improvements, especially in a chemical process.
Late middle english: via old french from latin alchimista, from greek khemistēs, from khemeia (see chemistry).
- The alchemist was known for his experiments with transforming base metals into gold.
- The alchemist was regarded as a wizard for his mysterious and elusive experiments.
- The alchemist was a sought-after consultant for his knowledge and expertise in chemical processes.
- The alchemist was a pioneer in his field, constantly pushing the boundaries of what was known.
- The alchemist was a master of his craft, with a deep understanding of the properties of different substances.
Some random words: alum, spoil, extrication