A set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer.
Late 19th century: from medieval latin algorismus, via arabic from al-khwarizmi "the native of khwarazm", the name of the medieval persian mathematician.
- The algorithm used to sort the data was highly efficient.
- The algorithm was designed to find the shortest path between two points.
- The algorithm for encrypting the data was considered unbreakable.
- The algorithm was tested for its accuracy and efficiency.
- The algorithm was used to predict the stock market trends.