- Representing or typical of the United States of America as a whole or its people.
- A player who is selected to participate in an All-American team in a particular sport.
This term is formed by combining the word "all" with the word "american".
- An all-American apple pie is a classic recipe.
- The all-American football team is one of the best teams in the country.
- The all-American girl is a typical representation of the American culture.
- An all-American smile is a bright, friendly smile.
- The all-American boy is the typical image of a young man from the United States.