- A portion or share of something assigned to someone.
- A piece of land allocated for a particular purpose, especially for growing crops or building a house.
- A specific portion of time or money set aside for a particular purpose.
The word 'allotment' comes from the old french word 'alotement' and the late latin word 'allocamentum', both of which mean 'allotment'.
- Each member of the team was given an allotment of time to present their findings.
- She received an allotment of land for her gardening.
- They set aside an allotment of their budget for research and development.
- The allotment of resources was determined by the committee.
- The allotment of tickets was done in a random order.