- A small, oval nut with a hard, woody shell and a sweet, edible kernel.
- The tree which produces this nut.
Old english amand(e), via latin from greek amugdalē, from amugdalos "amygdala" (the almond-shaped organ in the brain).
- She ate a handful of almonds as a snack.
- Almond milk is a popular alternative to cow's milk.
- Almond oil is used in cosmetics and cooking.
- Almond paste is used in baking.
- The almond tree is a common sight in Mediterranean countries.
Some random words: genealogical, immorality, postmark