A domesticated mammal of the camel family, native to South America and valued for its soft, warm wool.
From spanish alpaca, from quechua allpaca, from allpa (earth) + -ka (place of).
- The alpaca's wool is used to make warm clothing.
- Alpacas are related to llamas, but are smaller and have finer wool.
- He raised alpacas on his farm for their wool.
- Alpacas are very social animals and live in herds.
- Alpacas are becoming increasingly popular as a farm animal.
Some random words: tiller, assay, antagonist