- The first letter of the Greek alphabet (Α, α).
- The highest rank or level, especially in a group or organization.
- A man who is dominant or assertive in a group of men.
- A dominant animal in a particular group or ecosystem.
- An object, person, or group that serves as a model or example.
From greek alphá, from phoenician ʾāleph, meaning "ox".
- The word "alphabet" comes from the first two letters of the Greek alphabet, alpha and beta.
- He is the alpha and omega of this company and his decisions are always final.
- The alpha male of the wolf pack leads the group and protects its members.
- In this ecosystem, the alpha predator is the lion.
- The team looked to their coach as their alpha and followed his example in all things.
Some random words: protectionism, constitute, hellion