- Arranged in the order of the letters of the alphabet.
- Of, relating to, or using an alphabet.
From late latin alphabeticus, from greek alphabētikos, from alphabētos, from alpha + bētos (beta), the first two letters of the greek alphabet.
- The index in the back of the book is in alphabetic order.
- The phone book is arranged in alphabetic order by last name.
- The program sorts the data in alphabetic order.
- The alphabetic system is a way to represent sounds and words.
- The alphabetic writing system is widely used all over the world.