- Make small changes to (something).
- Change the appearance or form of (something) in a slight but noticeable way.
- Change the character or composition of (something).
Middle english: from old french alterer, from latin alterare, from alter "other".
- He altered the dress to fit her better.
- She altered her hairstyle.
- The company plans to alter the product design.
- He altered his will before he died.
- The company had to alter its business strategy.
Some random words: transfuse, nerve-racking, foretaste