- A change or modification to something.
- The act or process of changing or making something different.
Middle english: from old french, from latin alteratio(n-), from alterare 'to alter'.
- The alteration to the original plan was necessary due to budget constraints.
- The alteration of her dress made it fit her perfectly.
- The alteration of the landscape due to urbanization was dramatic.
- The alteration of the building required several permits and inspections.
- The alteration of his diet helped him to lose weight and improve his health.