- A light, silvery-white metal that is soft and easily worked. It is a reactive element and is used in alloys, particularly with copper and magnesium, to make aircraft and spacecraft parts.
- An item or material made of this metal.
Mid 19th century: modern latin, based on earlier alumium, from latin alumen (see alum).
- The exterior of the building was made of aluminum.
- Aluminum is used in construction because it is lightweight and durable.
- The aluminum frame of the bike made it easy to carry.
- I bought a set of aluminum cookware because it heats evenly.
- The aluminum siding on the house was faded and needed to be replaced.
Some random words: blackout, disputatious, dispenser