- The action or process of amalgamating or being amalgamated.
- The result of amalgamating two or more things.
- The mixture of two or more metals that has a homogeneous appearance.
Early 17th century: from latin amalgamare, from greek malagan "to mix with soft metals", from malakos "soft".
- The amalgamation of the two companies was a major event in the corporate world.
- The amalgamation of the different cultures led to the creation of a new hybrid culture.
- The amalgamation of gold and silver created a beautiful metal with a unique appearance.
- The amalgamation of the employees from both departments was a smooth transition.
- The amalgamation of different styles and techniques in his music produced a unique sound.