- A person employed to write what another dictates or to copy what has been written by another.
- A machine or device that writes what is dictated or spoken into it.
Derived from the latin word 'amanuensis' which means 'a secretary or scribe'.
- She worked as an amanuensis for a blind professor, taking dictation and transcribing it into Braille.
- The amanuensis recorded the proceedings of the meeting with precision.
- The lawyer used an amanuensis to transcribe all his important notes.
- The electronic amanuensis transformed the author's spoken words into text.
- The amanuensis was highly skilled in shorthand and able to take down verbatim transcripts.
Some random words: motherhood, sensitize, runway