- The extent or range of a person's abilities or interests.
- The scope or range of something, especially a law or political power.
- The circumference or perimeter of a circular area.
Late middle english: from latin ambitus "going around", from ambire "go around".
- Her ambit as a singer was limited to classical music.
- The ambit of the law did not cover the area where the crime was committed.
- The ambit of the city was vast, covering several hundred square miles.
- His ambit as a writer was quite broad, including poetry, fiction and non-fiction.
- The ambit of the park was surrounded by a fence, creating a boundary for visitors.