- A change or addition made to a text, bill, constitution, etc.
- A formal proposal to make a change to a document such as a constitution or law.
- A change or correction that improves something.
Late middle english: from old french amandement, from amender "correct, improve", from à "to" + mender "make good", from latin emendare.
- The amendment to the bill was accepted.
- The constitution has been amended several times.
- The amendment to the contract was accepted.
- He proposed an amendment to the budget.
- The amendment will improve the safety of the product.