- A desirable or useful feature or facility of a building or place.
- A feature that makes a place more pleasant to live or stay in.
Late 18th century: from french aménité, from latin amoenitas, from amoenus "pleasant".
- The hotel offered many amenities such as a swimming pool and gym.
- The new housing development boasts plenty of amenities for residents.
- The park offers amenities such as picnic tables and playgrounds.
- The apartment complex has many amenities such as a laundry room and bike storage.
- The office building has many amenities such as a coffee shop and conference rooms.