- An expert or scholar in American studies.
- A specialist in the study of the indigenous cultures of America.
- An advocate of American political, social, or cultural values and practices.
Late 19th century: from american + -ist.
- The Americanist was invited to speak about the cultural significance of the American West.
- Her expertise in American literature made her a sought-after Americanist.
- The Americanist movement believed in the superiority of American culture and values.
- As an Americanist, he focused on the history and cultural heritage of the Americas.
- The Americanist society aimed to promote a greater understanding of American culture and history.
Some random words: fastness, cockatiel, recoverable