- The process by which American culture and values have come to dominate in a foreign country or area.
- The adoption of American characteristics, practices, or values by an individual or group.
Mid 19th century: from american + -ization.
- The Americanization of Europe has led to the widespread adoption of fast food and popular culture.
- The Americanization of the new immigrant was evident in his speech and mannerisms.
- The influence of American media and pop culture has led to a globalization of Americanization.
- Critics argue that Americanization is erasing local cultures and traditions.
- The Americanization of the global economy has led to the rise of multinational corporations.