- An indigenous person of the Americas.
- A member of any of the original indigenous cultures of the Americas.
1930s: from american + indian.
- The Amerindians have a rich cultural heritage and traditions.
- Many Amerindian languages are endangered and need to be preserved.
- The Amerindian community has faced numerous challenges, including loss of land and cultural identity.
- The Amerindian spirituality is deeply rooted in nature and the environment.
- The Amerindian people have a strong sense of community and a close relationship to their families.