Friendly and peaceful; characterized by agreement and lack of conflict.
From latin amicabilis, from amicus ("frien.d")
- The two countries were able to reach an amicable agreement.
- The divorce was amicable and both parties were able to remain friends.
- The negotiations were amicable and both sides were able to come to a compromise.
- The meeting between the two companies was amicable and they were able to establish a partnership.
- The resolution of the dispute was amicable and all parties were satisfied with the outcome.