- The symbol '&' used to represent the word 'and'.
- The symbol used to join two words together to form a single entity.
Derived from the phrase 'and per se and' meaning 'and by itself and'.
- In company names, the ampersand is often used to join two parts of the name, such as Johnson & Johnson.
- The ampersand is used as a shorthand symbol to mean 'and' in mathematical and logical expressions.
- The new software program allowed the user to type the ampersand symbol using a combination of keyboard keys.
- The book had an appendix that listed the most commonly used symbols, including the ampersand.
- The ampersand is considered a unique and versatile symbol, having a rich history and usage in various fields.