- Of large size or capacity; spacious.
- More than sufficient; abundant.
- Adequate or enough for a particular purpose.
- Wide or broad.
- Pleasingly plentiful or adequate.
From middle english, from old french, from latin amplus (“large, spacious, ample”).
- The room had ample space for everyone to sit and move around.
- There was ample food for everyone at the party.
- We have ample time to complete the project.
- She wore a dress with an ample skirt.
- The restaurant provided an ample serving of food for a reasonable price.