- The action of making something greater, in particular increasing the power, size, or volume of a signal or sound.
- The provision of additional information or detail about something, especially in a written or spoken account.
Late 16th century: from latin amplificatio(n-), from amplificare "enlarge, amplify".
- The new amplifier provided greater amplification of the guitar's sound.
- The amplification of the sound system allowed everyone in the audience to hear the performance clearly.
- The amplification of the microscope allowed scientists to view cells in greater detail.
- His book provides amplification on the theories discussed in his previous work.
- The lawyer's amplification of the key points in her argument helped the jury understand the case.
Some random words: ratification, subject, kerosene