An electronic device that increases the strength of a signal, especially an audio signal.
Early 19th century: from french amplificateur, from latin amplificare "enlarge".
- The amplifier was necessary to boost the sound from the guitar so that it could be heard over the other instruments.
- The amplifier was built into the speaker, allowing for convenient and efficient sound reproduction.
- Some musicians prefer to use tube amplifiers for their warm, rich sound.
- The amplifier was adjustable, allowing the user to fine-tune the sound to their liking.
- In a sound system, the amplifier is an essential component, responsible for boosting the sound from the source to the speakers.
Some random words: synchronicity, creek, unbleached