- A word, phrase, or sentence formed from another by rearranging its letters.
- A rearrangement of the letters of a word or phrase to produce a new word or phrase, using all the original letters exactly once.
The word 'anagram' comes from the greek words 'ana' meaning 'again' and 'gramma' meaning 'letter' or 'writing.'.
- The word 'listen' is an anagram of 'silent'.
- He loved to solve anagrams in his free time.
- The solution to the anagram was 'angel'.
- An anagram of 'debit card' is 'bad credit'.
- She created an anagram of her name to use as her username online.