- Comparable in certain respects, typically in a way that makes clearer the nature of the things compared.
- Similar or equivalent in function or form.
Late middle english: from latin analogus, from greek analogos "proportional", from ana "upon" + logos "ratio".
- The human body is analogous to a machine.
- The two problems are analogous.
- The process of photosynthesis in plants is analogous to the process of respiration in animals.
- The situation was analogous to one they had encountered before.
- His argument was that the economic situation was analogous to the situation of a few years ago.