- A thing that is similar or equivalent to another in function or form.
- A device that uses a continuously variable physical quantity, such as spatial position, voltage, etc., to represent signals or information.
Late 19th century: from french, from greek analogos "proportionate, having a common ratio" (see analog).
- The analogue signal was converted to digital format.
- Analogue watches are becoming less common because of digital watches.
- The analogue circuit was replaced by a digital circuit.
- Analogue recording uses a continuous signal to record sound.
- The analogue computer was replaced by a digital computer.