- The process of breaking something down into its component parts in order to study its nature and/or determine its essential features.
- The examination of data or information in order to explain and understand it.
- The interpretation of a situation or process in order to make a judgment about it.
Late 16th century: via latin from greek analusis, from analuein 'unloose, dissolve' (in late greek also 'consider').
- The analysis of the data showed a clear trend.
- The study was based on a detailed analysis of the data.
- The analysis of the situation revealed several key issues.
- A proper financial analysis can help predict future profits.
- The doctor suggested a DNA analysis to determine the genetic predisposition.