Relating to analysis or using analysis, especially in breaking down a whole into its component parts.
Late 16th century: via late latin from greek analytikos, from analytos "dissected", from ana- "apart" + luein "loosen".
- The company used analytic methods to track and evaluate their business performance.
- An analytic approach is often used in scientific research, in which data is analyzed to discover patterns and make predictions.
- The analyst had a keen eye for detail, and was able to identify problems through his thorough and analytic approach.
- An analytic mind is often characterized by an ability to reason logically and systematically.
- The analytic method was used to solve the mathematical problem, breaking it down into simpler parts that could be more easily understood.