- To study or examine something in detail, especially in order to understand it better.
- To examine (a substance) chemically in order to determine its nature and composition.
Late 16th century (in the sense "break up into parts, examine the elements of"): from french analyser or modern latin analyzare, from greek analuein "loosen, release", from ana- "up" + luein "loosen".
- The report analyzes the current state of the economy.
- The scientists analyzed the data from the experiment.
- They analyzed the results of the survey.
- The detective analyzed the crime scene for clues.
- The researcher analyzed the blood sample and discovered the presence of a rare virus.