- A person who advocates for the abolition of governments and systems of hierarchy, often advocating for self-governance and autonomy.
- A person who actively resists or rebels against such systems.
From french anarchiste, from greek anarchos "without ruler", from an- "without" + arkhos "ruler".
- The anarchist threw a brick through the window of the government building.
- The group of anarchists were protesting against the government's policies.
- The country was in a state of anarchy as different factions struggled for power.
- The professor's theories on anarchism influenced a generation of activists.
- The anarchist"s beliefs about the state"s role in society were controversial.
Some random words: totalitarian, nominal, insensible