- Relating to one's ancestors.
- Relating to the past, especially to the distant past.
Late middle english: from old french ancestral or late latin ancestralis, from latin ancestor "forefather".
- He traced his ancestral roots back to Ireland.
- The ancestral home of the family was in Scotland.
- The tribe's ancestral land was taken away from them.
- The ancestral traditions of the community were passed down through generations.
- The ancestral customs of the people were still being practiced.
Some random words: fistfight, beatification, religious