A female ancestor; a female progenitor.
From the word ancestor with the addition of -ess, denoting a female ancestor.
- She was proud of her ancestress who was a powerful queen in her time.
- Her ancestress was an important figure in the history of their tribe.
- The ancestress was the matriarchal leader of her family.
- She wanted to research more about her ancestress, who was a trailblazer in her field.
- The ancestress was the first woman to own a business in her community.
Some random words: unconventionality, hide, humvee