- A place where a ship or boat can be anchored.
- The act or process of anchoring a ship or boat.
- A device or structure to which a rope or cable is attached to hold something in place.
From old french ancreage, from ancre "anchor".
- The ships were seeking anchorage in the bay during the storm.
- The anchorage point was not secure and the boat drifted away.
- The anchorage was crowded with boats during the holiday weekend.
- The anchorage was the first stop on the cruise itinerary.
- The bridge had an anchorage point for the safety harness.